Medical Card Hearing Aids

Medical Card holders are legally entitled to free hearing aid service from the HSE. If you wish to obtain a hearing aid you must contact your GP who will send on a referral to the relevant HSE Community Audiology department. Please check with the Community Audiology department as waiting lists vary depending on your location. The HSE uses multi channel, multi programme behind the ear hearing aids.